Do You Desire to Learn to Draw and Paint Well?
Do you desire to learn to draw and paint, and create art you can be proud of?
Or have have you been painting
for a while and found yourself in a rut?Section targeting
Do you want some guidance the help you get moving again?
"Abundance", 16"x 20", Oil by Connie Nelson
Or, maybe you just want to take your drawing and painting skills to a higher level?
Art can enrich your life. It is up to you to make that decision.
It has definitely impacted mine. My students and my fellow artists share the same experience. So why can't be it the same for you?
Learn the essential techniques. Learn to think
like an artist.
Learning to draw and paint is a journey with both rewards and challenges.
Talent alone will not do it. You need techniques, insights, and intuition. Combine that with persistence and dedication, and you will create the art of your dreams.
Here you have the opportunity to learn to draw and paint. Use my tips, techniques, teachings and online resources to improve your art from the comfort of your home.
Here you will..........
Grasp the basics of drawing. Use my guidelines and tutorials, and learn to draw effectively and accurately.
Imagine the confidence that comes from being able to draw anything you want. Plus, if you learn how to draw well, painting becomes easier, too.
Explore different painting media: oil, pastel, oil pastels, watercolors and acrylics.
Apply the techniques you learn from new media to your chosen medium to strengthen your visual language.
Dig deeply into the special challenges of painting various subject matter, such as figures, landscapes, and still life.
Different subject matter offers different challenges. Learn how to tackle them and expand your repertoire.
Go beyond mechanistic techniques and enhance your artistic voice by learning the thinking habits and disciplines of successful representational artists.
Use these art tips to maximize your learning in art classes, workshops or other tutorials.
Develop and fine tune your style with exercises and tutorials drawn from my experience as an art teacher.
Work through these exercises to gain the skills you need to take you where you want to go.
So let's learn to draw and paint together!
Images from the artist/webmaster are all copyrighted.
- Explore Drawing and Painting SiteSearch
- Explore drawing and painting is one artist' distillation of her teachings and insights on painting and drawing. Search your art lessons here.
- How to Draw and Paint Blog
- The How to Draw and Paint Blog keeps you up-to-date with new additions and changes to the explore-drawing-and-painting.com web site.
- Drawing Lessons - Start with the Basics
- Follow my online drawing lessons and get started learning to draw and paint
- Advanced Drawing Lessons
- These comprehensive drawing lessons are what I teach the beginner and intermediate level art students in the class. Each element in each drawing lesson builds up on next.
- Learn to Draw People
- Apply my guidelines and helpful tips to learn to draw people.
- Create A Realistic Drawing : 4 Drawing Tools to Consider
- To help you create an accurate realistic drawing, consider these four tools. Gridding, opaque projectors, pantographs, and proportional dividers are no substitute for drawing skills.
- Drawing Lessons : Learn how To Draw with Dimes and Nickles
- Looking for drawing lessons in an inexpensive and flexible format? Try out some of these e-books. Whether you're looking for a complete course, or just to supplement your art education, here are the
- Color Theory —Make Colors Work For You
- Use a simple approach to color theory to enhance your drawings and paintings. With a color wheel as your guide, use your own powers of observation as you experiment with different color palettes.
- Painting Skin Tones Made Easier
- Painting skin tones, regardless of your medium, only takes a bit of understanding about color mixing. You can easily master matching your subject's flesh colors. Read this page to learn the basic tec
- Paint Light- Using Colorful Whites
- Learn to inject color into your whites to create more brilliant light.
- Learn How To Paint Shadows
- Learn how to paint shadows with ease. There are two types of shadows: cast shadows and form shadows. Both are affected by the light temperature and environment around the subject. Use these simple m
- Picture Composition : Design Your Painting
- With stronger picture composition, you can strengthen and enliven your paintings. These articles will show you how.
- Six Art Composition Structures
- Discover Six Art Composition Structures For Better Painting
- Oil Painting Techniques
- All about oil painting and oil painting techniques
- Make A Landscape Oil Painting - the Plein Air Way
- Landscape oil painting was taken to its highest level when the Impressionists broke free of the studio and headed out to paint “en plein air”. Follow these tips and you will be able to experience the
- Explore Painting With Acrylics
- All the information you need to start painting with acrylics. Discover this versatile medium using these techniques and tips.
- Pastels: Painting With Pure Color
- Pastels are a vibrant and powerful artistic medium. Absorb every article about pastels here to get you started.
- Oil Pastels
- Oil pastels, as a fairly new medium, afford many versatile possibilities. They are ideal for oil painting like effects, and almost can match dry pastels if you have problem with dusts of dry pastels.
- Introduction : Learn Watercolor Painting
- Learn watercolor painting as an exciting medium. Experience the transparency and the array of watercolor painting techniques at ease.
- Colored Pencils - Techniques and Tutorials
- In the introduction to colored pencils, you will learn what they are, how they work, the essential techniques and the tutorials.
- Art Tips : How to Improve Yourself As an Artist
- Here are some art tips to help you develop your skills and make the most of the time you invest in making art.
- Learn Oil Painting – The Best First Medium To Teach You the Fundamentals of Pain
- Should you learn oil painting or watercolor first? Choose oil as your first medium, because it will help you to master the fundamentals of painting. After that, the rest of the mediums shoul
- Painting Style -concerned about whether you have your own? Read my tips.
- Often beginner artists are concerned about whether they have a painting style. Your unique style comes naturally as you grow with your techniques and your composition.
- Creativity In Art
- Creativity does not require talents. It takes desire, determination and perseverance. Have faith in your art and be patient with how the creative process evolves.
- Framing Tips
- Appropriate framing can really enhance a painting's impact, while lackluster framing will tarnish even a good painting. Use my framing tips to save on cost while still flattering your artwork.
- Review on Accurasee Drawing Method
- Discover the most effective drawing aid online and witness a speedy improvement in your drawing techniques.
- Essential Oil Painting Instructions: A Guide To Books, Videos, and Resources
- A guide to books, videos, and other resources for oil painting instructions
- Bring Art Magazines Home and Be Inspired
- Become inspired by art magazines
- Oil Painting Gallery By Connie Nelson
- A glimpse into some of my oil painting gallery
- About Me
- Find out who is behind www.explore-drawing-and-painting.com
- About The Site
- Curious about how the site is built, and also want to find out what motivated me and other folk like you, and made my dream of combing both passion and financial independence possible?
- Contact the Publisher of www.Explore-Drawing-and-Painting.com
- Contact me and let me know your thoughts and comments.
- Explore Drawing and Painting is as accurate as we can manage, but use it at your own discretion.
You are only one step away from learning to draw accurately!
Discover the powerful drawing method that makes sense here!
Seek to draw well? Get started for a solid foundation.
What others say about this site...
Your site is one of them I have looking for, a long time now. It is very informative and precise."Lekha Praveen, India
"Connie - I am most appreciative of your website. Only recently have I begun fulfilling my dream of oil painting. With only a few lessons behind me, I am now on my own and your website contains the most comprehensive information in language and terms easily understood. I thank you for taking the time to put this valuable guide together." Sharon Langford, USA
"I have been online plenty of time to try and find great advice from great artists (ones who are still alive), and I found that your website is very insightful. I am happy to see good positive tips and information for the consideration of artists seeking help. I just wanted to thank you for having this site." Coby Bottoms, USA
"I found your website by searching Sargent. I have never left a message on other sites but feel compelled to compliment you on your website. It is freely giving in information and advice. The site is very responsive and easy to use because it is well laid out. The information is fresh,useful and positive. It probably took a while to plan and finalize but the effort is noticeable and worth it to me. I really enjoyed reading about Sargent whose technique both in oil and watercolor are what I want to see in my own work. Very, very good job. Thanks.
Jim Stallard-Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada
"You don't know how many hours I spent searching and searching for "down to the point" instructions for using layers and glazes in oil painting. I was just so confused about the procedure. I am having problems beginning an oil painting. I just happened to google a certain word(which I can't recall anymore) and came across your site. I love the way you simplify the procedures and give examples and compare using words, like "almost like you add a VEIL to it." You seem like a natural instructor! Thank you, I learned so much and I am definitely bookmarking you site under my favorites!" Beth Scott,USA
Find that you can make money from what you love.